2.08.2010

{Real Parties} Pink & Orange Parsasol Bridal Shower

Staring out my window this morning with lots of fluffy white snow covering everything, I began dreaming about summer.  Yes, I know it is February.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I am a warm weather girl.  Give me 90 degrees along with the 100% humidity and I'm happy.

Dreaming of warm weather, I was reminded that it was 3 years ago when my mom and I began planning my sister's August bridal shower.  Her shower was a suprise and we successfully pulled it off!  (Not an easy feat for those who know my sister!)

I used hot pink & orange as the color scheme, with parasols, gerbera daisies and kermits in the decorating.

First off, the invitations, menu and registry insert.
 

 The centerpieces alternated hot pink and orange parasols atop trumpet vases filled with orange and hot pink gerbera daisy blooms.  There was about 50-60 blooms per vase.  Falling from the parasols were kermit poms blooms attached with fishing wire.
 
3 small bouquets with votives circled the base of the trumpet vase.
 
 Watering cans filled with real gerberas on top.  I created the rain and paper petals shower.  The petals would contain messages from the guests for the bride-to-be.
  

 
 Seashell placecards in pink and orange writing.  The backside of the shell contained the guests' table number.
  
 My sister wanted a cupcake wedding cake since she isn't a huge sweet eater.  Her fiance didn't go for the idea.  She got her wish at her shower.  This was the first time I used fondant - ever.  We had a baker hired to make the cupcakes, but she cancelled only 3 days before the shower.  This began my obsesssion with fondant as I then made my daughter's 1st birthday cake just 6 weeks later.
  
 Favors were small hand lotions in 3 different scents from Bath & Body Works.
 
One surprised bride!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Centerpieces! So Pretty!!!

    Popping in from Marketing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful site! Stopping by from Marketing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gerberas. They are such beautiful flowers especially for special occasions.The cupcakes are so pretty and fun. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love the watercans with flowers coming from them. What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the watercans and the centerpieces. I will be linking to your party.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your ideas! I would love to know where you got those shells for the placecards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what size vases and parsols did you use

    ReplyDelete