1.20.2010

{Real Parties} Cibella's 1st Birthday




When my daughter turned 1, I decided to throw a neopolitan themed birthday party using lt. pink, brown and ivory as the color scheme.  I was 8 months pregnant with my son at the time and one of my favorite treats was ice cream, so I think that had a major influence on the party theme! 

Her invitation




I ordered carnations in pink, white and red online and found the pink banana split dishes at my grocery store!




Everyone received a cupcake in its own bakery box as a favor.  They were chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry combinations.


 

The birthday girl



I prefer the pull string pinatas for the little ones.  The children were all 1 - 2 years old so they really had no idea what to do with it and were not impressed by the candy so the adults had a grand time helping themselves.
 


The dessert table
 
I made Cibella's birthday cake and smash cake.  It was my first time using fondant to cover and decorate a cake and I completely underestimated how long it would take to do.  Still, I was happy with the results.

Create your own sundae.




Enjoying her cake
 
 

It's hard to believe that she is an almost 3 1/2 year old ... how time flies!  She has become a party planner herself, informing me of her 4th birthday party theme only 3 days after her Aurora Princess Party.  Yes, I have already begun working on her invitations!  The theme, you ask?  Well, it's going to be a Jolly Holiday!

10 comments:

  1. Look at the matching colors of the carnations and the cake! I love the cake best :) I love polka dots.

    Your daughter is really pretty & cute too. Kids grow up fast don't they :)

    God Bless
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. for my both of my daughter's b-day's i went with the cake smeared on face pictures...this must have been some birthday bash. I think I'm just not a good party planner! (although my wedding was awesome!)...must have gotten a bad case of baby brain - but not you - wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very talented! What a wonderful birthday party. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I am following you too. Happy Friday Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful 1st party! You did amazing! Love her dress. Loved everything about it. Even loved the font type you used on the invites (top photo). Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I'm returning the love and excited to go through your site and visit your Etsy shop! So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you now too. Love your blog. Everything looked so awesome for your daughter's b-day. I wish I was more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant belive you "MADE" that cake. Too cute!
    Im now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured your party today!

    Shannon
    www.creativepartyplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carnations in the parfait glasses is so cute! Your daughter is precious! Love the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress! Wherever did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the dress? It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete