2.02.2010

{Real Parties} Firefighter Birthday Party

Julia at Everyday Mom Ideas  recently shared her son's 5th birthday party.  I love the firetruck she created using cardboard boxes and I'm sure it was the hit of the party!  She includes directions so you can recreate it for your own event.  I foresee a train-themed party for son's 3rd birthday in October and will be using her tips as a guide!

 


My 4-soon-to-be-5 year old asked me to give him a fire fighter party. And I thought it was a great idea. However I didnt realize then what I was getting myself into.
So we ordered a bunch of little things online.
 Like the fire hats that were only about $5 for 12 at http://www.amazon.com/
Then I got the idea to make a fire truck out of a huge cardboard box. This project olny cost me about $8 for paint and hot glue sticks. I thought "man this is going to be easy and Ill look like a super mom". But did any store in town have any huge card board boxes... nope. So I ended up having to come up with a way to make it out of 5 smaller boxes. And I will just tell you designing it WAS a challenge. I stared at the boxes in my living room for three day before I came up with a plan.
And Guess What? I will be posting the tutorial tomorrow for you all!


My wonderful husband asked ... Yep I said "asked" if he could make the cake. Thats why he earns the title of "wonderful"! And I think he did a great job!
You can find how to make this cake at http://www.familyfun.com/



This is one of the games we played. Its a lot like an Easter egg hunt. Except we used a bunch of cut out photos of fire engines and had the kids search for them all over the house. This was a hit. And the kids asked to play it twice. This is a great game to play with any themed party.

No comments:

Post a Comment