1.06.2010

Real Parties: She's About to Pop Baby Shower

This Baby Shower was originally hosted by Kendra at Me and My Insanity.  Check out this fabulous party and then pop Kendra a visit over on her blog!



We're in the middle of full scale Easter preparations around here (report to come next week). But my sister finally sent me pictures of what the mom-to-be called the "coolest baby shower ever!" This is not a party I hosted. I didn't have to make the cake pops, or mail the invitations. I didn't even get to attend. (If I had I would have taken more pictures!) My sister, Shanda, threw this party, but I do take a little credit since we spent a lot of time on the phone together brainstorming ideas, and I designed the invitations and labels and emailed them to her. I had seen some fun ideas about using popcorn at a baby shower with the theme, “She’s about to Pop.” We decided to take it a step further and turn it into a full scale POP party!

INVITATIONS:
 

 
I designed these flower shapes with the party information. Shanda printed them on bright cardstock and stuck a Tootsie Roll Pop in the middle. (Blow Pops would be cute, too).

DECORATIONS:



Shanda decked out her house with hand-cut circles in lots of fun colors. It was time consuming, but was an inexpensive way for high impact decoration.

 
I found a few sites on line where you can create pop art from your own photos. (We used this one.) Shanda uploaded a photo of the mama-to be, and we displayed this “pop art”—labeled, just incase anyone didn’t get it.

FOOD:

 
 
We had a lot of fun coming up with food ideas. A popcorn bar (butter, cheese, kettle, and caramel flavors), Bakerella’s cake pops, pop tarts, and Popsicles. We thought of a few other options: popcorn shrimp, and bubble gum. And of course, she had lots of colorful soda pop. I made labels to cover each bottle.
 

 
She played 80’s Pop music, and they played a relay race where you had to pop balloons. (I’ll have her fill in the details on that one). This was not your formal tea-sipping event. But the word from all who attended was that it was a blast! If you are looking for a fun and light-hearted theme for a baby shower, this might work for you, and just to make it easier, I have uploaded some of the labels I created. Let me know if you end up using them!

3 comments:

  1. We thought of a few other options: popcorn shrimp, and bubble gum.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . This was not your formal tea-sipping event. But the word from all who attended was that it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little jumpers..That is so cute! Beautiful
    What an amazing shower and such pretty decorations! You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete